Disclaimer: I have no affiliation with RangeLink or Sid Huang. This page was created because I am very pleased with the results I have had so far and the world class support Sid has given me. -Pat
The entire RangeLink feature set can be viewed on Sid.Huang’s blog on RC Groups.
- Robust FHSS Link.
- UHF ISM Band 433MHZ (431-435MHZ).
- Two position RF power switch ~ Low power (200mW) ~ High power (500mW).
- Headtracker input ~ adds head-tracker compatibility to most radios.
- PPM input ~ ensures compatibility with 3.3v thru 12.0v PPM levels.
- Single pushbutton range test mode or failsafe settings mode.
- Flexible binding function and supports MultiMaster mode.
- TTL UART for firmware upgrades.
- RangeLink Transmitter Built-in LPF( 900-1300MHZ rejection Loss over 45dB,2.4GHZ band rejection Loss over 40dB).
- RangeLink Receiver Built-in SAW band pass filter.
- Failsafe Cancellable ~ useful for MK Failsafe detector.
- RangeLink Transmitter 7-13 VDC, 80×64×24mm , 125g
- a) high power mode 500mW 12V@180mA
- b) low power mode 200mW 12V@120mA
- c) micro power mode < 1mW 12V@50mA
- RangeLink Receiver 4.8-6 VDC (Recommend 5V), 40×26×12mm , 18g
- 12CH PWM Output(all channel 9bit solution)
- RSSI Buffered 0-3.2V
- PPM Signal Output
- Sensitivity: -115dBm
As of this moment, RangeLink can only be purchased from Sid directly by contacting him via his email address on the aforementioned page.
Here is what you get for your $225 with free shipping:
- RangeLink UHF transmitter
- Sticker for control box (Yellow rectangle)
- Transmitter antenna
- 12 CH Receiver with antenna
- ppm & ht pigtails (not pictured)
- plug and play cable (by request)
So far I have been 4.25 miles out with no glitches whatsoever when using this set. It gives me the confidence to go higher and further than ever before. If you’re in the market for a LRS, I suggest you check it out and compare the features of RangeLink vs. the other brands.
Firmware update release 3 included selectable RF RSSI or Link Quality RSSI.
To change between the two:
Make rangelink tx enter advanced binding mode, first beep end:
Set the two ways switch position
high power mode ==> link quality indicator
low power mode ==> rf rssi indicator
Here are some helpful links:
Latest Firmware (Release 3) Use WinRar to Unzip
My 4.25 mile flight flown with RangeLink: